- RGC ECS (PI): Conversation-based Reasoning for Explainable Fake News Detection via Weakly Supervised Evidence Detection
- NSFC YSF (PI): 基于社交关系的新闻自动摘要与虚假信息对抗
- Session Chair: COLING 2020
- Program Committee Member: WSDM 2023, EACL 2023, AACL 2022, WWW 2021 2023, CIKM 2020, AAAI 2019-2022, ACL 2019, EMNLP 2018-2019, AI 2019
- Journal Reviewer:
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)
- ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications (TOMM)
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS)
- PLOS ONE
- External Reviewer: IJCAI 2020, ACL 2015-2017, EMNLP 2015-2017, SIGIR 2016-2017, CIKM 2016, PACLIC 2016, ASONAM 2016-2019
Recognition, Achievements, and Events
- Top Five Outstanding TIST Articles for Jing Ma, Wei Gao, Shafiq Joty, and Kam-Fai Wong, An Attention-based Rumor Detection Model with Tree-structured Recursive Neural Networks, TIST (2020), pages 1-28.
- Recognised as one of “The 2022 Women in AI” by AMiner.
- Recognised as “The World’s top 2% scientists” released by Stanford University.
- “Social Assisted Rumor Detection and Fake News Detection” at Turing NLP Special Interest Group, London, Mar 23rd, 2023.
- “Chatbot and NLP” at Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, Feb 7th, 2023.
- “Combating Misinformation in the Era of Social Media” at Jilin University, China, Sep 13rd, 2022.
- “Combating Misinformation in the Era of Social Media” at Fudan University, China, Jul 1st, 2022.
- “Detect Rumors on Twitter by Promoting Information Campaigns with Generative Adversarial Learning” at Singapore Management University, Singapore, Apr 3rd, 2019.
- “Introduction to Rumor-related Research from Social media” at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, Mar 29th, 2018.
- “Deep Neural Models on Rumor Detection from Social Media” at University of Electric Science and Technology of China, China, Sep 9th, 2018.