A Light Field camera captures the image of 3D world in a more immersive way than conventional 2D imaging. The light rays are recorded not only when they reach and integrate at the camera sensor plane, but also when they propagate across the imaging system. This naturally embeds the 3D spatial information of he scene contents into the final output, and enables a variety of amazing and useful applications that is beyond the limits of traditional imaging.
I have been working on a number of topics and applications that are related to light field imaging. This page gives a brief overlook of these areas.
- Light Field Acquisition and Reconstruction
- Light Field Data Compression
- Light Field Depth Esitmation
- Light Field View Synthesis
- Novel Applications
- Light Field Rain Removal
- Reflection Removal based on a Single LF Capture
Jie Chen and Lap-Pui Chau, '’Light Field Compressed Sensing Over a Disparity-Aware Dictionary,’’ IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (IEEE TCSVT), vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 855-865, 2017.
Jie Chen, Alexander Matyasko, and Lap-Pui Chau, '’A Light Field Sparse Representation Structure and Its Fast Coding Technique,’’ IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP), pp. 214-218, Hongkong, China, 2014.
Jie Chen, Junhui Hou, and Lap-Pui Chau, '’Light Field Compression with Disparity Guided Sparse Coding based on Structural Key Views,’’ IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (IEEE TIP), vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 314-324, 2018.
Junhui Hou, Jie Chen, and Lap-Pui Chau, '’Light Field Image Compression Based on Bi-Level View Compensation with Rate Distortion Optimization,’’ IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (IEEE TCSVT).
Jie Chen, Juhhui Hou, Yun Ni, and Lap-Pui. Chau, '’Accurate Light Field Depth Estimation with Superpixel Regularization over Partially Occluded Regions,’’ accepted by IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (IEEE TIP).
Jie Chen, Lap-Pui Chau and He Li, '’Light field depth from multi-scale particle filtering,’’ Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC), pp. 1-6, Jeju, Korea, 2016.
Jie Chen, and Lap-Pui Chau. '’A Fast Adaptive Guided Filtering Algorithm for Light Field Depth Interpolation,’’ IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 2281-2284, Melbourne, Australia, 2014.
- Henry Wing Fung Yeung, Junhui Hou, Jie Chen, Yuk Ying Chung, and Xiaoming Chen, '’Fast Light Field ReconstructionWith Deep Coarse-To-Fine Modeling of Spatial-Angular Clues’’, accepted by European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Munich, Germany, 2018.
- Cheen-Hau Tan, J. Chen and Lap-Pui Chau, '’Edge-preserving rain removal for light field images based on RPCA’’’ IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing (DSP), pp. 1-5, London, UK, 2017.
Yun Ni, Jie Chen, and Lap-Pui Chau, ‘‘Reflection Removal On Single Light Field Capture With Focus Manipulation,’’ accepted by IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging (IEEE TCI).
Yun Ni, ie Chen and Lap-Pui Chau, '’Reflection removal based on single light field capture,’’ IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1-4, Baltimore, USA, 2017.